Nikken replies?

I am not sure if this reply was supposed to be an official reply from Nikken. But I thought it was so funny I should share it with you all. Its a comment to my first entry about the whole Nikken ordeal.

Let me quote the comment in full. With all the interesting information:

IP Address: 217.204.127.132

Name: Eckhard

Email Address: a@a.com

Comments:

Hello,

I am looking thru the inernet today, and I think you are a very sad man that should surely go out and get a LIFE!

Is the anti-Nikken the only thing in your life that you can occupy your time with? I will suggest that you go and find a hobby or a girl-freind.

Eckhard.

Seems like a regular boring flame, and isn’t exactly signed by someone wanting others to know who he/she is. But, the poster seems to be oblivious to the fact that he/she left her IP-address behind when he/she posted the comment.

Lets look at who owns 217.204.127.132:

rev-srv:      ns1.easynet.co.uk

status:       ASSIGNED PA

notify:       hostmaster@easynet.net

mnt-by:       EASYNET-UK-MNT

changed:      matt.spiers@uk.easynet.net 20010914

source:       RIPE

So, the question is: Should I interpret the comment as an official response from Nikken UK LTD? ;-)

BTW: Expect another update to the whole story soon.

10 Responses to Nikken replies?

1. aSH February 9, 2004 at 2:08 pm #

Holy canoli! lol

2. Anders February 9, 2004 at 2:17 pm #

Pure genius.

3. aral February 9, 2004 at 2:59 pm #

ROTFL — what more can one say, really?

4. Arve February 9, 2004 at 10:55 pm #

I just got something a lame, incoherent attempt at flaming originating from Portugal [1], so I wouldn’t be too surprised if Nikken has realised they have no legal means to attack you, and instead are trying to annoy you to death.

[1] It was actually incoherent to the point where it was pure guesswork whether it was pro-Nikken or not.

5. Elf February 10, 2004 at 10:48 am #

None of them has bothered me, yet. I feel left out. :(

6. Jensa February 13, 2004 at 11:44 pm #

LMAO!!!

Great research!

J

7. Ceci n'est pas un blog February 16, 2004 at 6:47 pm #

Nikken replies?

I’m still waiting for Nikken to reply to my email of Jan 29, but not holding my breath while doing so. While waiting, I found that Jarle had done some research regarding one comment to his blog entry about the…

8. chris (aka zarathos) April 10, 2004 at 4:01 am #

BTW, my computer is broken, and I’m using my grandma’s computer. She has nothing to do with nikken. So that’s why the IP address won’t say my name, if you check. I’ve got nothing to hide, feel free to e-mail me. I take criticism better than some of my peers apparently.

9. Leigh July 6, 2004 at 4:15 am #

I recieved a letter from Nikken – they were offering me a job. HA! I was pretty sure it was some sort of scam or work at home crap so I googled “Nikken” and came up with your site!

Very interesting!